The Anglican Diocese of Bathurst was formed in 1870, and covers about a third of NSW in the region bordered by Bathurst, Rylstone, Mudgee, Coolah and Coonabarabran in the east, Oberon, Cowra, Grenfell and West Wyalong in the south, Condobolin, Cobar in the West and in the north through Bourke to the Queensland border and covering the north-west towns of Brewarrina and Coonamble. Population is about 280,000. There are 34 Parishes.
Branches of the Mothers’ Union were first formed at Holy Trinity, Orange and Christ Church, Blayney in 1897. From 1905 to 1956 eighteen branches were formed and in 1932 the Diocesan Council was formed.
Today MU in Bathurst Diocese consists of 54 members mainly in three active and enthusiastic groups (2018) who are very involved in their local parishes and communities in all areas of ministry and outreach, especially in ways to encourage family life in their parish communities -