Your website team:
To keep the website up-to-date, we need your on-going input!
Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org
HANDY HINTS for SHARING NEWS and IDEAS
Articles should be short and snappy.
Information to be put on as an attachment onto website:
- Document can be in MS Word or Publisher with photos in the document.
- Alternatively you can send completed document as a pdf document.
- “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
- Please ensure they are sharp (not blurred), and if possible with a plain background – so the main people/items show clearly.
- It is preferable that photographs be digital – good resolution, however if you post a photograph to me, I can scan it.
- Please do not include photos in a MS Word file, unless the whole file is to be used as an attachment to the web page.
- Don’t be frightened to ‘set up’ a shot – it is often better than a random snap.
- Make your compositions interesting.
- Is the image saying something to the viewer?
- Do the people in the photo look like they are enjoying themselves?
- Be careful of very light backgrounds.
- Close-up images of subjects work better than a group in the distance.